Editing the Film Based on the Critiques

    My group and I gathered all of our recommendations and critiques for the film into a google doc. In the doc we summarized the changes that we should make for the film. The most important change that we need to make is the look of the movie. 

    I met up with Rashawn after school to work on the project. Our goal for today's work on the project was to change the overall look of the film. The original filter on the film was meant to make the situation feel more tense. It is used often in other films to make the setting feel almost darker. 

    I suggested that maybe it was just the fact that the filter was too much. The effect looked good in other professional movies. But when we used it, it felt almost overpowering and too much. Rashawn and I changed the filter in Adobe Premiere Pro. With Premiere Pro there is an option for visual effects to change the opacity, color, and even saturation. Using these we changed the each individual shot in order to make it still have our intended effect wile not being too much for the viewers eyes.

    It took a large amount of time and effort to change the edits we made. Each shot has it's own lighting and natural color. This made it a long and tedious task of looking at each individual shot and changing the effects to match the mood. We worked until 6:30 which was when I had to go back home. The changes to the film made the mood a lot better. The next changes that we need to make is the music in order to create a tenser atmosphere. I'm not sure when my group and I will be able to meet up again, but when we do we will create the final touches for the film.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Rough Outline for The Music Video

Title Design Research: Thriller

Who am I?